Friday, October 30, 2015

Darker Hours




Blustery and damp on my walk to work this morning. Makes me want to cozy up in front of the kettle, watch the steam rise, and make tea.  Tomorrow I'll have the time to do that leisurely, like the photo above.  Today in the office, it's the photo below.  Both have a calming effect on my psyche.

The quote on the calendar says, "Every path, every street in the world is your walking meditation path."  ~Thich Nhat Hanh

How do you navigate the transition into the darker hours?




5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful images, Steph. I exercise outdoors and listen to music. And drink my tea, of course.

Marilyn Miller said...

Yes, tea, but also candles. I need to have light and also grocery store flowers through out the winter months.

Steph said...

Those are great tips, Marilyn!

Cimorine said...

I admit, I am in front of the screen more during the darker months. But it helps to put up Christmas lights, be they white (I love those year round) or colored. It helps me to think about cozy things, or snow. I LOVE snow. Everything is brighter with snow. The new-fallen snow really DOES give the luster of midday below. Every time. I adore it. I'm used to the darkness because I'm further north, but what REALLY keeps me going is praying for snow. I'm like a kid at Christmas. I always pray for snow.

Also, tea helps. Like, a lot. Chai especially (MMMMMM!!!!) but Mint or Hot Cocoa (REAL stuff, made with milk and sugar and cocoa powder) is amazing, too.

Angela McRae said...

I try to find a craft project to get me through the darker evenings — although I still seem to end the evening with my nose in a book! ;)