Monday, April 07, 2014

The Stronger Pull


"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love."
~Rumi, 1207-1273

I could have cleaned the office, folded the laundry or washed the dishes.  Instead, I made tea.  A far-away but near-in-heart  friend had sent some Fenghuang Shuixian.  I wanted time to taste this tea, sit alone with it and write a long letter to this friend. 


Delicious tea made exquisite by the moment.


Though I drank alone, I poured two cups: One for me and one for my friend.  I love that tea can connect us at the heart level when we open to it.

PS - Happy National Poetry Month!  Each post this month will include a poem.

5 comments:

Angela McRae said...

OK, how much do I love that you poured TWO cups! What a splendid way to honor your friend!

Angela McRae said...

OK, how much do I love that you poured TWO cups! What a splendid way to honor your friend!

Marilyn Miller said...

Beautiful, Stephanie!
How dear to share this connection with your friend.
I was just sent some tea by a friend, I must remember to pour her a cup.

David Galli said...

Being able to walk chá dào side by side with you is one of the great joys of my life.

Teafan said...

A really great post, the pictures, the Rumi, your writing...