Sunday, January 05, 2014

A Tea Party for the Girls

Me (pouring) and Mom

I recently had the LOVE-ly opportunity to host a tea party at my Mom's house.  Very special guests included my mom, sister, a dear friend, my niece and a friend of hers, and the dolls.


I love digging in Mom's china cabinet to find family treasures as serving pieces.  I also brought the fresh Rosemary sprigs with me from Oregon. 
My niece loves cucumber, and so cucumber sandwiches were required.  I used a Rosemary butter base (my favorite cucumber sandwich).  The picture below shows one.  It is supposed to look like a Christmas tree, but my sister thought it looked like a spade.  ;-)
We also enjoyed thick cucumber rounds topped with two types of hummus:  red pepper and chickpea, and mushrooms on toast.  For scones, I made my favorite yeast ones which we ate with raspberry jam from the local Amish market and mock Devonshire cream.  The savories and scones courses were vegan-friendly. 

And for dessert, we had dates stuffed with pecans (vegan) and wonderful cookies brought by my friend.  The girls  had an English Breakfast tea and the grownups enjoyed a delicious tea, new to me, Capricorn Tea.  I very much enjoyed this blend of black and white tea blended with vanilla and rose petal.

I can't tell you how precious these tea times are to me, especially since I live far away. I'm so grateful for tea's presence in my life.  It brings together people I love.

6 comments:

Geoff said...

Those cookies...*drool*...I want all of them.

Rosemary said...

Such a very special tea time!

relevanttealeaf said...

What a beautiful post of the tea party with your loved ones. I love the picture of you pouring tea for your Mom. It looks like an American Girl doll came to tea too! The tea food looks yummy. Thanks for sharing this special tea with us.

Linda Jennings said...

Your tea is lovely. Fresh rosemary from Oregon is a special touch!

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh I wish I could have been a little mouse sitting there with those dolls just enjoying the ambiance and laughter. What a very special occasion and yes, tea is so perfect for sharing with dear friends and family.

Angela McRae said...

Teatimes with family are best of all! So glad you got to enjoy this one!